June 6, 2011

Ang pangalan ko po ay si "LIKE"

JERUSALEM — Stumped for an original name for their newborn daughter, an Israeli couple took inspiration from social networking site Facebook and named her "Like," Israeli daily Maariv reported on Monday.

The parents lifted the name from the popular feature on the site, which allows Facebook users to click on the word "like" and give the thumbs-up to comments, links and pictures posted by other users.

"We named her Like because it's modern and innovative," father Lior Adler told the mass-circulation paper. "I checked that the name does not exist elsewhere in the country, that was the main condition for me," he said.

"In our opinion it's the modern equivalent of the name Ahava (Love) he added. "It's just my way of saying to my fantastic daughter, 'love.'"

Adler and his wife Vardit have in the past strayed into unusual territory in naming their offspring.

The pair share a love of cooking and so decided to name their other daughters "Pie," using the English word for the name, and "Vash," Hebrew for "Honey," Maariv reported.

As might be expected, the couple's newest arrival was quickly announced to their friends and family on Facebook, where she was an instant hit, her father told the paper.

"When I posted her picture and name on Facebook I got 40 'likes,'" he told Maariv. "Considering that I have only a little more than 100 friends on the network that's a lot."


Kung ibabase naman natin sa facebook ang panaglan nang inyong anak, anu ang gusto mo?

Pwede naman ang SHARE
Hi! Im share, would you like some pie? :)

o kaya FRIEND
Hello my friend. My name is Friend. How do you do?

pwede rin ang WALL
"Hey there, I'm Wall. If there's anything you need, just let me know."

at hanep sa lahat POKE!
Hi! Im poke. Please come in.
-----Hmmm... kung sa Pilipinas wag na lang siguro "Poke". Alam naman natin kung pano bibigkasin yan ng iba...Hindi talaga e. Haha

No comments: