June 23, 2011

I regretted praying for breasts, said Katy Perry

Katy Perry has revealed she regretted praying for bigger breasts and began taping them down.
The stunning singer has gained hordes of fans for her shapely figure and often flaunts her curves in sexy outfits. However, Katy insists she wasn’t always so confident about her body and although she used to wish she had bigger boobs, when puberty hit she couldn’t handle the changes in her appearance.

“God answered that prayer, above and beyond by, like, 100 times, until I was like, ‘Please, stop God. I can't see my feet anymore,’” she said in an interview with Rolling Stone. “I was a lot more rectangular then. I didn't understand my body. Someone in sixth grade called me ‘Over-the-shoulder boulder holder’. I started taping them down. How long did I tape them down for? Probably until I was about 19. And, no, I don't have any psychological pain because of it.”

The 26-year-old beauty is married to British actor Russell Brand, who previously battled addictions to alcohol and drugs. Katy can’t believe how much the comic star has transformed since he sobered up and she says he is a different person now.

“He’s changed so much. If I have a hangover, I look at him and say, ‘How the f**k did you do heroin every day, when I can’t even have three glasses of wine and not want to ever drink again?’ ” Katy explained. “I’m so happy he lived, of course. God bless him.”

Katy is currently touring the US to promote her latest album. The star is known for producing upbeat pop songs and she is happy with her place in the music industry.
“I'm not a dummy, I know California Gurls isn't going to save the world,” she smiled. “But I got a lot of heart from my upbringing and I put a lot of heart in my songs.”

No comments: